Wednesday 31 August 2016

BAREFOOT ON THE WIND IS OUT!

Hello, hello, hello Dear Readers! And happy Thursday to you - especially since today is September the 1st, aka the long-awaited (for me anyway) official release date for BAREFOOT ON THE WIND.

With thanks to Luna of Luna's little Library.
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Ahem.

Yes, my precious baby, five years in the making, is out in the wild, hopefully charming people from the shelves (perhaps even in your very own local bookshop) and possibly making them cry depending on how the ending takes them. I'm super proud of this book. It feels like one of the most me-things I've written, even though several things that turned up while I was writing it took me by surprise. It has shapeshifers, curses, enchanted mazes, the undead, and FEMINISM. All that good stuff!


If you happen to see BAREFOOT ON THE WIND out and about anywhere, in a shop or a library, in the hands of someone reading on the Tube, or even in an Amazon package that you just opened, please do send me a photo. In the meantime, here are some guestposts and interviews I've been doing with lovely blogger-pals to celebrate the release (I've linked to the first two before, but I'll include them too, just in case anyone missed them):

There is a Monster in the Forest... Exploring the darker side of fairytales with Luna at Luna's Little Library.

A Question of Fairytales... Looking at what I think makes a truly great re-telling on Michelle's Tales of Yesterday Blog.

A Q&A with me...Answering some different and interesting questions with Georgia at TeenBookHoots.

And finally... Are Fairytales Feminist, which is exactly what it says on the tin, with Andrew of The PewterWolf. 

In addition, here's the Pinterest Board for this book, and the Spotify Playlist I listened to while writing it:


And some absolutely lovely reviews that offer different perspectives on the book, from Lovereading4Kids, Page to Screen Reviews, Luna's Little Library and TeenBookHoots. I'm so delighted that, so far, people seem to be 'getting' this book and reacting to it the way I'd hoped.

Happy book birthday, #BaBBook.

That's it for this week, my muffins - have a great Thursday, and I'll read you later!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I will be buying this on my kindle today! I am going to Uganda on the 11th September to volunteer for twelve weeks, and I am so glad this came out in time for me to take it away :)

Zoë Marriott said...

Ooh, sounds exciting and rewarding. I hope u HV a great time and feel I've made a difference, Rebecca. Also hope u enjoy BoTW! x

Unknown said...

Great news! Will be downloading this later on my kindle :).

Zoë Marriott said...

I hope you enjoy it, Kassy! Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...