Thursday 11 December 2014

STEP OUT OF THE PRIVILEGE BUBBLE

Hello my lovelies! No new post on this blog today, but here's a link to my guest post on the CBC Diversity Blog - Step Out of the Privilege Bubble. It's a shortened, updated version of this post, which in turn was a follow-up to this post, so you can refresh your memory about those, too, if you wanted. 

I'm delighted with the recent explosion in awareness on this topic - at The Zoë-Trope we (and by 'we' I mean me and my Dear Readers) have been talking about diversity and it's importance pretty much since the beginning (back in 2010, eek). Now we're part of a much bigger discussion that is finally taking place throughout the children's and YA book community and I feel very proud to be a part of that. I hope you do, too!

Have a lovely weekend, my duckies (it's almost here!) and read you next week.

5 comments:

Phoenixgirl said...

Good update of a good post!

I saw the US edition of The Name of the Blade in Barnes & Noble today! It was face-out on the New YA Fantasy shelf and looked very nice.

Zoë Marriott said...

Oooh! Thank you for letting me know, Phoenix! I didn't even know B&N was stocking it...

Phoenixgirl said...

By the way, in the guest post you mention you're in the "A" section of the QUILTBAG community - is that Allied or Asexual? (I ask because I've recently begun to suspect that I'm asexual myself.)

Zoë Marriott said...

Asexual :) It's taken me a few years to figure that one out, too. *Ace solidarity fistbump*

Phoenixgirl said...

*Fistbump back* :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...