Friday 28 October 2011

GOOD NEWS BAD NEWS

Hello all - I'd love to say 'Happy Friday' but it's more a mixed Friday, really. There is, as the title suggests, good news and bad news.

The good news is that I finished my revision of Big Secret Project Book One late on Wednesday and sent it off to Super Agent. So...the die is cast, as Shakespeare would say. Now I just have to cross my fingers that she loves it as much as I do. And that I'll be able to share information with you about it soon because IT. IS. KILLING. MEEEEEE.

Ahem.

The bad news is that this morning I had a wee accident with The Scalpel, my laptop. And now it's not working at all. I'm typing this on my ancient back-up model and trying to figure out what I'm going to do about that, as the Scalpel is just under a year old and is *is* insured, but then again there's my no claims bonus...ach, boring adult stuff like that.

Anyhow, thanks to everyone for their positive contributions to the Mary Sue discussion following Wednesday's post. I was dreading the comments a little bit, but so far it's all been polite and friendly, which is a relief.

Now I leave you, to brood over my courageous laptop comrade, who has fallen in battle.

12 comments:

Isabel said...

Good luck!! Hope the laptop starts cooperating soon. D: And congrats on revisions!

Zoë Marriott said...

Isabel: It *seems* to be up and running again now, thanks to some advice from a friend. But I don't trust it. *Gives The Scalpel a suspicious look*

Isabel said...

Oh, good! I'll cross my fingers. ;)

AmieSalmon said...

Woo! Exciting stuff, can't wait to hear more news on the project.
*Hugs*...sure the laptop will start to work soon.

Zoë Marriott said...

Amie: Thank you - I think I've got the Scalpel back up and running now. Fingers crossed it stays running.

Alex Mullarky said...

Good luck Zoe :)

Zoë Marriott said...

Thanks, Alex!

Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said...

Good luck!!! I want you to sell it so that 1) I can know what it is, and 2)....I can READ it!!! :)

Rebecca Lindsay said...

Good luck! :)
Can't wait to hear news about Big Secret Project!!

Zoë Marriott said...

Backwards: Oh, I'm dying to make both those things happen too, believe me!

Rebecca: No promises, but I'm hoping I can talk about it next week.

Megz said...

There seems to be some sort of mysterious force that brings bad electronic-devices-related happenings to you. *Looks around suspiciously*

Oh, The Goose Girl is SUCH a wonderful book! I'm currently reading it and it's beautiful.

Zoë Marriott said...

Megha: I was just thinking that myself!

And I love Goose Girl - so glad you're enjoying it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...