Wednesday 7 September 2011

WEDNESDAY FIVE #2

Yes, the middle of the week has rolled around again - and once again I have been so embroiled in work, work, work that I have failed to come up with a scintillating new topic for you. So: Random Wednesday (hey - you at the back - no booing on my blog!).

Thing the First:

Yesterday I passed 50,000 words on Big Secret Project! 51k, in actual fact. It's been a long time coming, what with the FF re-writes, so I'm chuffed and excited and very happy to be heading towards the explosive, climactic scenes. I don't want to jinx myself, but barring hideous mischance, I think I should definitely have a complete first draft by the end of the year.

Thing the Second:

I'm hoping to get Some News about Big Secret Project next week. It's all a bit complicated because the News might not be anything definite, and anyway I'm going to be in a cabin in the woods with no way to communicate with you and spotty mobile phone reception which will make it hard for anyone to talk to me. But if I do get News, I shall share it on the blog next week. If I don't say anything, take it that there was no News (this is publishing, folks - all the speed and transparency of an iceberg creeping down a mountain).

Thing the Third:

I love my agent. I adore her. I bless the day that my editor said to me, 'You know who might be a really good fit for you?' and mentioned her name for the first time (even though I had already been worshipping her from afar for a while before that, I hadn't really had the courage to approach). Nancy, you may or may not be psychic, but you definitely rock.

Thing the Fourth:

Tomorrow, I visit the hairstylists. Who knows what will happen to me in there? If something goes wrong, tell my dog I love him. I regret nothing.

Thing the Fifth:

The Shadows on the Moon book trailer has, disappointingly, stalled at just over 850 views. Now, if you think back to when it was first launched, I promised that when it reached 1000, there would be extra features on offer. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've convinced the lovely people at Walker Books to release the Director's Cut version of the trailer, which is longer and has extra exciting bits. So if, while I'm away on my internet free sojourn, you guys were to spread the word, share the trailer, and boost those viewing figures up? I might be able to celebrate my return by posting that. Get on it:



SURPRISE SIXTH THING:

The final line from Chapter Fifteen of Big Secret Project, which I wrote yesterday! Adult language warning:
"Holy shit,” Hikaru whispered.
And with that, I bid you adieu! See you on Friday with new hair pictures.

7 comments:

Sarah Tokeley said...

Looking forward to the new hair. And news next week. Or not. No pressure :-)

Zoë Marriott said...

Sarah: I've got serious nerves about the hair AND the news. I'll be lucky if I survive the next couple of weeks without getting a new ulcer...

Alex Mullarky said...

Always a good way to end a chapter! I tweeted the video for you :)

Zoë Marriott said...

Alex: I thought so! And thanks for the RT :)

Rebecca Lindsay said...

Can't wait to see your hair and the news if it comes :) Enjoy your holiday! :)

Isabel said...

Have fun on your holiday! I can't wait to see what your hair will look like. :):) I will spread the word about your trailer, crossing my fingers that it will reach 1000 sometime soon!!

Zoë Marriott said...

Rebecca: Thanks! I'm really nervous - cross your fingers that it turns out well!

Isabel: Excellent, thanks Isabel :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...