Friday 6 August 2010

PLACEHOLDER POST

Super late posting today! Sorry guys. This is because today I was waaay too busy reading to think about anything else. For twenty-four hours I've been living in my own little blissful reading world and it was amazing. I'm only posting now because I finished the book. Ah, sweet satisfaction. I feel like a cat that swallowed a really fat canary. Two canaries.

I've already told you all about the books on my TBR pile that I was going to read this week. I read a few and reviewed them on Monday for you. Now, I liked them all in different ways but nothing *really* clicked for me. You know what I mean; that sensation that dawns over you as you read the first page and it's awesome, and then the next page, and the next, and it just keeps getting better and you can't put it down what's going to happen next argh I can't believe that happened what's happening now this book is the BEST. BOOK. EVAH!

Actually, I have to admit that it's been quite a long time since a new book effected me that way. I was starting to worry a little bit that I was getting too cynical and writerly, or that book trends were changing and books I could really fall in love with weren't being written anymore or...something. This was a really melancholy thought for me because I love reading and books more than anything.

Wednesday (while frolicking with delightful writer pals) I picked up many, many new books. Even though I already had a bunch of books on my TBR pile still to read and don't even have any ROOM for a huge pile of other new books. I blame the writing pals entirely. They made me. Seriously, they were shoving books into my hands saying 'You must read this. And this! This one's good too, everyone should read this'. I had two bags of books to take home with me by the time we parted. But I've forgiven them for their book-addiction enablement. Because one of those books blew my mind, children. BLEW IT WIDE OPEN!

I love, love, love this book. I want to marry it. In fact, I'd be quite willing to marry the author right now. Because then I could make nutritious meals for this author and do her chores and make sure that she got to bed at a reasonable hour so she could WRITE MOAR BOOKS FASTER. How can I express the depths of my adoration for the skill, the talent, the craft, of this author in mere words? I can't! I can only do it with wild squeeing.

Hence, I am going to post a video review tomorrow, revealing the name of the book and author and squeeing for all the world to see. Stay tuned, faithful readers.

3 comments:

Saya said...

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT BOOK

I know exactly what you mean about searching for *that* book. Ever since I read Ella Enchanted (Gail Carson Levine) and the Seer and the Sword (Victoria Hanley) I've been after a fix that is as good, and I read and read in the hopes of meeting *that* book, the one that is everything good, that as soon as you finish it, you flip back to the beginning and start again. And you pick it up periodically and just open it anywhere and start reading...yeah. That.

I am all suspense about what this book is XD

Saya said...

...I hope it's Magic Under Glass. Because I do so love that. And Jackie Dolamore is awesome and do you read her blog(s)*? You should be friends. But I hope it's not City of Whatever.


* http://jaclyndolamore.blogspot.com/ and http://fabulousfrock.livejournal.com/

Zoë Marriott said...

You will soon find out, my lovely. But I haven't got around to reading Magic Under Glass yet, so it's not that. Sorry.

I have just read the first Mortal Instruments book, though, and I really enjoyed that too (though not as much as THE. BEST. BOOK. EVAH!). Don't you like these books? I admit the beginning of City of Bones was a bit formulaic, but I really enjoyed the way the plot unfolded.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...